Power Apps Hack To Style All Form Controls In Seconds
This strange hack makes it possible to quickly update the style of all DataCardKeys and DataCardValues in a Power Apps form. Normally its simple to update multiple controls at once. Just select a group of controls then change the desired problem. But a Power Apps form makes it impossible to select multiple controls from different data cards…
…unless you use this Power Apps hack!
- Select the Power Apps form in the tree view
- Change the form layout property from vertical to horizontal
- Click the undo button
- Now all DataCardKeys and DataCardValues in the form are selected
- Use the Tree View search to quickly unselect either the keys or values
- Change any property of the remaining selected controls in one-click.
Let’s break this powerful tip down with a few helpful screenshots
Full Example: Style All DataCardKeys and DataCardValues In A Form
1. Select the Power Apps form in the Tree View
Start by selecting the whole form.
2. Change the form layout property from vertical to horizontal
Go to the right-pane, select the Layout dropdown and choose horizontal.
3. Click the undo button
This trick only works if we click the undo button in the top right corner. Pressing Ctrl+Z to undo does not have the same effect.
4. Now all DataCardKeys and DataCardValues in the form are selected
We can see multiple controls are selected inside each of the form’s data cards.
5. Use the Tree View search to quickly unselect either the keys or values
Hold the CTRL button to deselect each control. It’s super fast if we use Tree View search to show only the controls we want to deselect.
6. Change any property of the remaining selected controls in one-click.
Success. We can now make as many changes as we want to all the DataCardKeys or DataCardValues in the form.
Did You Enjoy This Article? 😺
Subscribe to get new Power Apps articles sent to your inbox each week for FREE
If you have any questions about Power Apps Hack To Style All Form Controls In Seconds please leave a message in the comments section below. You can post using your email address and are not required to create an account to join the discussion.